The University of the Pacific has instituted a mandatory strong password policy for all computing resources within the pacific.edu domain. This means that all new passwords and any reset password will need to conform to this new policy.
For a Pacific password to be strong, it must:
- be at least eight characters long
- contain characters from three of the following four groups:
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Symbols (including but not limited to the following: !@#$%^<>&*()?
Note forBanner users: only the characters !%*+-/:?_ are allowed.
- be significantly different from prior passwords (our system now remembers your last eight passwords)
A strong password must not:
- contain your name or user name
- contain any spaces
- be a common word or name
Strong passwords will be good for 180 days, after which you will be prompted to choose a new one.